Cheltenham Kids Yoga Camp
A week-long Summer Yoga Course for compassion, creativity and courage
This brand new Yoga Camp is being lead by Jeni Howland and Wendy Sharam of Mind over Matter.
Regular Yoga can help to safely develop strength, mobility, coordination and physical awareness at any stage of childhood.
Monday 6th August - Friday 10th August
9:30am - 4pm daily with a presentation to family and friends on the final day from 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Morning yoga class
- Afternoon yoga class
- Mindfulness practices
- Mandala drawing
- Breathing exercises
This program is open to children aged 7 - 11
Children will be divided into to two age groups but most of the activities will be conducted as one main group.
All levels and abilities are welcome.
No previous experience of yoga is required.
If your child has any specific requirements please contact us to discuss.
Application forms are available by emailing email@example.com
£220 per child
Profits will be donated to a local Children's Refugee charity...
Yoga is more than a physical exercise class: through Yoga, children can learn to concentrate better, to relax and to reduce anxiety by regulating breath and emotions.
Yoga is a great way to build confidence and awareness through creative engagement with the body and breath.
Yoga Through The Chakras
This week-long program will introduce yoga to children through 5 themes based on the Chakras described in Ancient Yogic practice. The body has 7 Chakras or energy centres and each resembles a different energy or context. During this week we will look at the first 5 Chakras, each lending a theme to the yoga class, activities and mindfulness practice of the day.
- 1st: Base Chakra: nurture
- 2nd: Sacral Chakra: creativity
- 3rd: Solar Plexus Chakra: courage
- 4th Heart Chakra: kindness and gratitude
- 5th: Throat Chakra: communication
Classes and activities included through the week will include:
- Yoga class
- Breathing exercises
- Meditation and relaxation
- Exercises for focus and awareness
- Creative art and drawing
- Creating personal essential oil blends
- Children should be dropped off between 9:25am and 9:35am and collected between 4pm and 4:10pm, except on the final day when parents and friends are encouraged to join the group at 3:30pm and the day will end at 4:30pm
- Children should bring their own packed lunch to eat on the premesis
- Fruit and water will be provided throughout the day
- Children may bring their own yoga mat or you can purchase one from us on the first day for £20